Friday, September 7, 2012

Multiplication Flash Cards

As you know, fourth grade math is when the concepts start becoming more difficult. I believe that knowing multiplication facts 0-9 on inpulse is a huge advantage proceeding into harder concepts. Every Friday I am going to give a timed multiplication quiz with 50 random multiplication facts to be done in 3 minutes. I gave a diagnostic test this past week using this method and the kids loved it! I treat it as a game so there is less stress involved. I highly suggest the students practice these facts. Last year, after about two months of these multiplication fact quizzes, EVERY student in the class was getting a 100 % and I noticed a HUGE difference during math class. These facts became second nature and they will know them so well that they won't even have to think about it! This is a foundational skill and will stick with the students their entire lives!

Here is a website I found with printable multiplication flash cards from 0-9. They will only be quizzed on single digits.

http://www.apples4theteacher.com/math/multiplication/flashcards/

No comments:

Post a Comment